Craving pasta? Try spaghetti squash!
It‘s gluten free, low in carbs and calories! Great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, niacin, folate, calcium and iron. Can’t go wrong with this delcious vegetable! You can buy one and leave it on your counter for 2-3 weeks before cooking it.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds and pulp
- Rub small amount of olive oil in & around squash (optional)
- Place squash face up for about 40 minutes, you’ll be able to insert a fork in the flesh to know if it is ready
Feel free to add pasta sauce or whip a different combo than I did. This is what I was craving and mixed in a bowl:
- 4/5 cloves crushed garlic
- Pine nuts
- Green onion
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, dried basil, salt and pepper
Make sure to let it cool down and then gently scrape with a fork, shredding the pulp into spaghetti-like strands.
Add mix to squash half, top with parmesan cheese… and there you have it, a healthy dish to enjoy!